Thursday, August 23, 2012

4th Day Of School

If you saw my post yesterday about the Taco Wontons you'll be thrilled to know the kids loved them. Ok, maybe you won't be thrilled, but I sure was. One devoured every little speck in his lunch and the other one ate everything but the condiments and informed me that the sour cream and guacamole were "not necessary".  Both agreed they were a "make again" item so I definitely will.

Today I broke out the sandwich shape cutter. I'm not sure how much longer my boys are going to let me get away with making their sandwiches in the shapes of hearts but, so far, no complaints. The skewers in the grapes are some sort of drink stirrer that I got awhile back at Target in their seasonal section. They go to show that you can find fun inspiration in different forms and different places. Things don't have to be made and marketed just for lunch and/or bento box making.

The sandwich cutter I probably got on Amazon a few years ago but am not sure. If you are local, a great shop called Teenie Greenies has sandwich cutters in different shapes (they also have Easy Lunchboxes and reusable snack and sandwich bags along with other great stuff!).

So, even if you don't feel creative or you think "I can't make that bento stuff!"you can use these easy tools and your kids will love the results.

Heart shaped ham and swiss on whole wheat, carrots and cucumber circles,  toasted nori sheets, grapes on a palm tree skewer and a Barbara's double chocolate snackimal cookie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment